Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Snikkles

Today's been a rough day in some ways. William is still getting used to the growth hormones...and to being two. The growth hormones are causing some moodiness (read naughtiness) with him. I try and keep perspective thinking how I was when I started birth control. I don't think I was the nicest person either. However, William crossed the line today. At lunch he threw his hamburger at me, and then his sippy cup. And then the high chair tray. And so off he went to his very first time out. I put him on my bed and he got down. I put him back on the bed and turned around but still stood in there. Once he was done I asked him if he would be nice. I'm not entirely sure he got it, but he knew he was in trouble.

But we also got some laughs today as well. Lucy (who, for some reason doesn't like wearing clothes) was wiping her belly and looked down and noticed her nipples. She said "What's that?" I told her it was a nipple. She said "a nickle?" a nipple "stickle?" nipple. "sniffle?" nipple. "pickle?" nipple "A SNICKLE!" Okay...a snickle.

And it appears that William inherited my grace. After talking to Grandma and Grandpa on Skype, he wanted to come say good-bye. He was in the office and somehow ran straight into the door that was open. Poor little bugger. He'll probably have a black eye from it. I swear, with all the therapists that come into our house and all the bruises the kids get, I'm surprised we haven't had CPS called yet. I'm just glad the therapists understand toddlers.

Oh...and we did have a victory. Lucy went "peep" in the potty. After our friend's birthday party this Saturday we're hitting it hard. My goal is to have her completely trained by the time we go back east this spring. And I won't actually be surprised if Will ends up being potty trained too. Course...now that I think about it, maybe we should wait until we have a washer that works. Yeah...gonna hit it hard Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment